The Public Domain Podcast

Great works hand picked for you from the Public Domain and read out loud in a weekly podcast. Authors include Mark Twain, Jules Verne, Edgar Allen Poe and many others. The website also includes links to public domain resources & topics of interest to literary and audiobook fans.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sometimes silent, I play well with other letters; vowels and consonants alike.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

PDP #1 - "The Black Cat" by Edgar Allen Poe

Well, this is it! The first Public Domain Podcast! Edgar Allen Poe's "The Black Cat".

Download it here! Or use this link to subscribe with an aggregator like iPodder or iTunes. Length is 23 minutes and it's the complete story read by yours truly.

I have to be honest here, I chose The Black Cat because 1. its length wasn't too long 2. I hadn't read the story before so I was curious about it and 3. I'm a fan of Poe. You'll have to bear with me on some of my chosen phrasing for the story. I was essentially reading it on the fly and if I had been doing it professionally I would have added more subtlety into it. Still, it's my first podcast and I think it'll make for interesting listening.

Background outro music is an excerpt from the song Goes Nowhere by Michelle Welsh from her album Sleep-Awake and was found from Staccato Music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home