The Public Domain Podcast

Great works hand picked for you from the Public Domain and read out loud in a weekly podcast. Authors include Mark Twain, Jules Verne, Edgar Allen Poe and many others. The website also includes links to public domain resources & topics of interest to literary and audiobook fans.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sometimes silent, I play well with other letters; vowels and consonants alike.

Friday, March 10, 2006

PDP #26 - "The Woman in White" by Wilkie Collins, Part 3

Mr. Hartright arrives at his new place of employment.

File size is 7.3 Mb and the podcast is 20 minutes and 13 seconds long.

Manual download available here.

~ e

Technorati tags: ,
Shop for: Book Lover Gifts and Chess gifts

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful reading of this book. I have to admit to being a little shocked at how sexist it appears to be in its portrayal of women vs. men though! I'm guessing it is truly a product of its time :)

I'm looking forward to how this progresses though - thanks again for the great podcast :)

1:38 AM  
Blogger e said...

I agree, how the times have changed!

Though, I think in Ms. Halcolmbe, Collins is trying to show her as breaking the stereotype of the time.... though she puts female kind down while being independent herself.

I am actually only reading a little ahead of these actual recordings (in other words I haven't read the whole novel) so I am experiencing the "ride" with everyone else.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home